Sunday, October 17, 2010

Auburn Feeling

You know God is an Auburn Fan, when you look at the sunset, and the sky is Orange and Blue. 


When I wake up on a Fall Saturday morning, walk downstairs, out the door, on to the porch, and breathe... I feel it. I can feel the distant energy that is soon to flood my veins and electrify my spine. I can hear the roar of loyal voices as the Eagle soars. I can smell the grill smoke circling campus. The entire Auburn Family wakes up with that same feeling. Although some may be a little groggy from the previous night.


Growing up in Auburn slightly tarnished my experience. I wasn't aware that the rest of the country wasn't as friendly. I wasn't aware that the dialogue, "Hey, how are you?" "I'm good, and you?" "I'm good thanks." in passing was abnormal. I also wasn't aware the rest of the country wasn't educated on proper tailgating; lots of beer, lots of food, and most of all, lots of people. 


After high school, I left Auburn and experienced several locations around the country. None could provide an experience that I was accustomed to, or entertained by. None had the warm family and friends feeling you get when you're walking along with a crowd of people to the stadium. I do applaud a few school for their rich traditions and enthusiastic support behind those traditions but when you come from tradition, friendliness, and enthusiasm; only one, will not suffice. Auburn will give you that. 


Auburn gives you an experience that is one of a kind. Auburn gives you a sense of belonging. Auburn gives you another family to experience life with. The relationship you develop with Auburn, will be one that lasts forever. I believe in Auburn and love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment